Software-Defined Wide-Area-Network (SD-WAN)
SD-WAN is a cost-effective solution that allows your business to to leverage any combination of transport services (MPLS, LTE, and broadband internet services) to deliver the best application performance across multiple locations.
Differences between Past and Present Routing Models
Traditional Router-Centric Model
- Control functions are distributed across all devices in the network. Traffic is routed based on TCP/IP address and ACLs.
- Rigid, complex, and not cloud-friendly, resulting in a poor user experience.
Modern SD-WAN Model
- Centralized control function to intelligently steer traffic across the network, thus maximising bandwidth usage and enhancing user experience
- Links a physical location to the nearest PoP via one or more last-mile connections
- Complements cloud-first enterprises in delivering superior applications for users
- Each class of application receives the appropriate QoS and security policy enforcement
- Solid performance running on economical bandwidth
- Steers traffic based on priority across the most efficient links for the quickest application response
- Deploy changes instantly across multiple sites with faster network provisioning
Visibility, Insights, and Analytics
- Integrated viewing, performance tracking, cloud monitoring and real-time analytics
- Integrated threat protection, including firewall, antivirus, IPS, web-filtering and data encryption